Saturday, February 1, 2014

January Fitness Favorites

Happy February! 

Now that we're already in our second month of the year I wonder how many people are sticking to their fitness resolutions? I heard this morning that it takes 60 days for a new habit to stick, so hopefully everyone has at least 30 more days in them! 

This year, instead of making one general resolution (I will lose weight) I thought it would be better to make some specific goals I would like to achieve. All my goals, fitness and otherwise, are listed in my 2014 short list. Since January 2014 is now behind us, I wanted to share some of my Fitness Favorites from the past month: 


                                             1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

1. Nike + App (Free, iPhone) Since one of my goals this year is to run 10 miles a week, this app has become my go-to to track my progress.  You can track your distance/pace/time, calories, share your progress with your social networks and listen to your own playlist while you run. Additionally, you get 'badges' for milestones you hit, and you can set it up to run against others. 

2. P90X Results and Recovery Drink (49.95, My Beachbody site) We have been loyal fans of the Results and Recovery Formula since 2010 - it provides your body necessary vitamins after your workout to reduce muscle soreness. Oh, and it tastes amazing, like an orange dreamsicle!  It is such a reward after working out. Because I am a Beachbody coach, we get the drink for $37.96/mo.

3. Ninja Blender and Food Processor ($69.99, www.kohls.com) I LOVE this thing! We literally use this every single day for the aforementioned Results and Recovery drink, and for our daily Shakeology meal. I also use the Ninja to make soups, sauces and chop up just about anything. We had our old Ninja since December 2009, and I just bought a new one last week. Our old one still works great, but there's a crack in one of the containers and I was able to get a new one on sale at Kohls. The only thing that I don't care for is you have to hold the top down to blend, it's not like a blender where you can set it on a particular setting and walk away. Not a big deal, but I wish there was an option to keep it turned on. 

4. Shakeology ($129.95, My Beachbody site) I drink a Shakeology shake every morning for breakfast - not only does it fill me up, but I know it is loaded with tons of vitamins and antioxidants. We get the "home direct" shipment, which is free shipping and gives us a new bag every month. So far we've tried the Chocolate, Vanilla, Tropical Strawberry (vegan), and the greenberry. We have a bag of strawberry coming right now, so I am looking forward to trying that one. I like to add some almond butter, a banana, or whatever fruit I have laying around. I admit the price tag seems steep, but since I am a Beachbody coach I get Shakeology for $97.00/mo and the home direct saves money on shipping. Yes, still expensive but worth it for us. I highly recommend that if someone wanted to order this regularly they should do the coaching and take advantage of the discount (you get discounts on everything, including fitness programs, the Results and Recovery drink..)

5. Nike Air Relentless 2 Running Shoes ($59.60, similar here) I found these on sale at DSW and I couldn't pass it up. I have been a loyal fan of New Balance running shoes for a while, but wanted to switch it up. A coworker, who used to work for Nike and is also a runner, had just talked to me about how much he loves his Nike shoes so I figured I would give it a shot. They are light, but not too light - they feel great on my feet and provide added support to my heel and ball of the foot.  

6. My WOD App (free, iPhone) I love this app for keeping track of all my CrossFit WODs (workout of the day). I love how all of the hero WOD and girl WODs are already loaded into the app. I ESPECIALLY love how I have all of my PR's (personal records) saved so I can see when I've improved. 

There you have it..my Fitness Favorites from January! I hope if you try any of these you'll enjoy them as much as I do. 

-AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment